LAKELAND, Fla. (2/24/14)—Taylor Peterson and Rose Reinert provided the lone win in Concordia's 8-1 loss to Hanover (Ind.) in the opening match of the annual spring break training trip.
Peterson and Reinert rolled to an 8-3 victory at No.3 doubles to cut the Panthers lead to 2-1 heading into singles play. Unfortunately for the Cobbers they were unable to sustain the momentum and dropped all six singles matches.
The win for Peterson and Reinert came in the very first match the two had been paired together in doubles play as first-year head coach Steve Futchko continues to search for the right lineup. The victory is also the first for a CC doubles tandem this season.
Hanover entered the match having played 16 matches in the fall and winter and used their experience to dominate the singles play. Kaitlyn Davies rallied in the second set of her bout at No.3 singles and lost 6-1, 6-4.
Concordia will look for their first win of the season when they play Alma (Mich.) on Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 9 a.m. in Kissimmee, Fla.
Hanover College 8, Concordia-Moorhead 1
Feb 24, 2014 at Lakeland, Fla.
1. Dani Miller (HC) def. Brittany Glatt (CC) 6-0, 6-1
2. Mackenzie Spicer (HC) def. Jade Haseltine (CC) 6-1, 6-1
3. Alexi Taylor (HC) def. Kaitlyn Davies (CC) 6-1, 6-4
4. Kelsey Jones (HC) def. Morgan Sawatzke (CC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Shelby Williamson (HC) def. Rose Reinert (CC) 8-0
6. Sarah Love (HC) def. Celia Peloquin (CC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Dani Miller/Mackenzie Spicer (HC) def. Morgan Sawatzke/Jade Haseltine (CC) 8-0
2. Mallory Noble/Allison Poston (HC) def. Kaitlyn Davies/Brittany Glatt (CC) 8-2
3. Taylor Peterson/Rose Reinert (CC) def. Kelly Gehlbach/Kirby Lantz (HC) 8-3