Cobbers Drop Conference Match In Grand Forks
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (2/15/15)—Concordia headed north to host its second conference match. The Cobbers squared off against St. Thomas in Grand Forks and lost 9-0.
The teams were forced to play the Cobber home match in Grand forks because of a scheduling conflict at Courts Plus - Concordia's regular home venue.
The match was the second conference dual of the season for Concordia. The Cobbers are now 1-3 in overall matches and 0-2 in the MIAC. St. Thomas remains unbeaten at 4-0 and earns the win in their conference opener of 2015.
Cobber sophomore Jade Haseltine continues to have a solid sophomore season. Haseltine had the closest singles match of the day, losing 6-2, 6-1 at No.3 singles. Haseltine also partnered with Taylor Peterson at No.2 doubles and dropped an 8-2 decision.
The No.1 doubles team of Brittany Glatt and Kendra Stoick fell 8-2. Glatt then lost 6-1, 6-0 at No.1 singles while Stoick lost 6-0, 6-2 at No. 2 singles.
Freshman Susan Zniewski played her first collegiate match as she was slated in the No.6 singles spot and with Morgan Sawatzke at No.3 doubles. Zniewski lost 6-1, 6-1 in singles and 8-0 at third doubles.
Concordia will now head west for their annual spring break training trip. The Cobbers will travel to southern California to train at the hometown facilities of head coach Steve Futchko.
St. Thomas 9, Concordia-Moorhead 0
Feb 15, 2015 at Grand Forks, N.D. (Grand Forks Health & Fitness)
1. Shelby Henderson (UST) def. Brittany Glatt (CC) 6-1, 6-0
2. Bridget Noack (UST) def. Kendra Stoick (CC) 6-0, 6-2
3. Caitlin Bakke (UST) def. Jade Haseltine (CC) 6-2, 6-1
4. Kara Lefsrud (UST) def. Taylor Peterson (CC) 6-1, 6-0
5. Jenna Zimmerman (UST) def. Morgan Sawatzke (CC) 6-0, 6-0
6. Paige Becher (UST) def. Susan Zniewski (CC) 6-1, 6-1
1. Bridget Noack/Kara Lefsrud (UST) def. Brittany Glatt/Kendra Stoick (CC) 8-2
2. Shelby Henderson/Jenna Czarnecki (UST) def. Jade Haseltine/Taylor Peterson (CC) 8-1
3. Caitlin Bakke/Jenna Zimmerman (UST) def. Morgan Sawatzke/Susan Zniewski (CC) 8-0