FARGO, N.D. (3/18/18)---Concordia is finding out that it is a warm weather team .The Cobbers, who won their final two matches in Florida on their annual spring break trip, still can't find its northern momentum and lost 9-0 to St. Mary's.
The Cobbers have now lost four straight since returning to Minnesota at the beginning of the month. Concordia is now 3-12 in all matches this season and is still in search of its first conference win of the year as they fall to 0-6 in league play. The Cardinals even their overall record at 7-7 and are now 2-4 in the MIAC.
The closest match of the day came at No.2 doubles where the Concordia duo of Lisa Neumann and Lexi Johnson lost 8-5. The pair was never able to come up with a key break late in their match and lost by three.
Jenna Forknell and Josie Beachy won the most singles games for the Cobbers. Forknell fell 6-3, 6-1 at No.1 singles and Beachy lost by an identical score at No.5 singles. Forknell continues to lead the team in singles victories this year as she has collected five wins in her freshman season.
WHAT'S NEXT: Concordia will stay at home and hope to break their cold weather streak when they host Macalester on Sunday, Mar. 25 at 1:30 p.m. at Courts Plus in Fargo.
Saint Mary's University 9, Concordia-M'head 0
Mar 18, 2018 at Fargo, N.D. (Courts Plus)
1. Laura Sonday (SMU) def. Jenna Forknell (CC) 6-3, 6-1
2. Cassandra Barr (SMU) def. Kendra Stoick (CC) 6-0, 6-1
3. Colleen Lois (SMU) def. Lisa Neumann (CC) 6-2, 6-2
4. Julia Boeve (SMU) def. Lexi Johnson (CC) 6-0, 6-0
5. Ashley Frederickson (SMU) def. Josie Beachy (CC) 6-3, 6-1
6. Sheyenne Bauer (SMU) def. Irini Lagoggiani (CC) 6-0, 6-0
1. Laura Sonday/Colleen Lois (SMU) def. Jenna Forknell/Kendra Stoick (CC) 8-2
2. Cassandra Barr/Julia Boeve (SMU) def. Lisa Neumann/Lexi Johnson (CC) 8-5
3. Ashley Frederickson/Marissa Kinzer (SMU) def. Josie Beachy/Irini Lagoggiani (CC) 8-1